Love Your Phone
Thieves and pickpockets want your phone – don’t make it easy for them to take it. Think how you’d feel if you lost your contact numbers, photographs, videos and music.
- Be discreet on the street – keep your phone and other valuables out of sight.
- Stay alert – don’t let headphones block out traffic, strangers or potential trouble.
- Listen to your instincts – know your route, avoid dark places and if you don’t feel safe, move to a busier area.
- Never let a stranger use your phone. If it is an emergency, dial 999 on their behalf.
- Note down the unique IMEI number – you will need this number to report a stolen phone.
- Key *#06# into your mobile and it will display this number.
- Mark your postcode and door number in UV pen on your phone.
- Register for free at immobilise.com to help get a lost or stolen phone back.
- Block your phone – contact your network provider or call 08701 123 123.
- Trace lost or stolen phones by activating their in-built tracker app or by downloading a reputable one from your app store.